For purposes of this Policy, “process” or “processing” means any operation which is performed upon Personal Information, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.
Types of Information We Collect
As you interact with the Services, we may collect Personal Information from you. The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from third-party sources) depend on the nature of the relationship you have with Mochimo and the requirements of applicable law, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. When you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an account, requesting Services or information, verifying your identity through our Services, posting messages to our forums, or contacting us directly, we may collect information from you such as your name, user name and password, email address, telephone number(s), mailing address, Social Security number, account numbers, payment information, government issued identification documents (e.g., passports, driver’s license, etc.), selfie image, biometric information, IP Address, utility bills, and statements to prove your current residence (e.g., bank statements), and any other information you choose to provide.
Facial Biometric Identity Verification
Facial biometric identity verification is performed by comparing two or more captured images of faces. For example, we may compare the face on a government-issued photo ID against a “selfie” that you capture and send to us. The biometric identifiers used to perform this comparison are derived from the photographs that you submit.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics, Google Analytics Demographics, Heap Analytics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
If you would like to opt out of the Technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
Use of Information
We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested: We may use information about you to fulfill requests for Services or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
- Generally manage individual information and accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of Mochimo’s Services;
- Allow you to register for events.
- Administrative Purposes: Mochimo may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- Verify an individual’s identity;
- Communicate about individual accounts and activities on Mochimo’s Services and systems, and, in Mochimo’s discretion, changes to any Mochimo policy;
- Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management or system maintenance;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Other Uses. Mochimo may use Personal Information for other purposes for which we have a legitimate interest, such as individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or de-identified basis for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Third-Party Sites and Social Media Platforms
Our Services may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Services not controlled by us, and we do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application that they interact with. We do not endorse, screen, or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
Our Services contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform, or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
Sharing of Information
- To verify Your Identity on our Services. In order to verify your identity on our Services, we may share Personal Information about you. For instance, we may share Personal Information about you with credit reporting agencies to verify your Social Security number.
- We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and Services you have requested; (iii) fraud prevention; and (iv) in connection with the provision of the Services.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce Mochimo policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Mochimo; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Mochimo retains the Personal Information we receive for as long as you use our Services or as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, provide our Services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your information, including Personal Information, very seriously. We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
By using the Services or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on www.mochimo.org or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you can contact us at support@Mochimo.org.
If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt out of receiving future emails. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Note that you will continue to receive transaction-related emails regarding Services you have requested. We may also send you certain communications regarding Mochimo and our Services and you will not be able to opt out of those communications (e.g., communications regarding updates to our Terms of Service or this Policy).
We may give you choices regarding the sharing of Personal Information with affiliates and third parties. Choices you have about the sharing of your Personal Information will be described in the privacy policies or notices you receive in connection with the products or Services you obtain from us.
Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
You may inquire as to whether Mochimo is Processing Personal Information about you, request access to Personal Information, and ask that we correct, amend, or delete your Personal Information where it is inaccurate. Where otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may send an e-mail to support@Mochimo.com or use any of the methods set out in this Policy to request access to, receive (port), restrict Processing, seek rectification, or request erasure of Personal Information held about you by Mochimo. Such requests will be processed in line with local laws.
Although Mochimo makes good faith efforts to provide individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which Mochimo is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary. If Mochimo determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, Mochimo will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16) years of age, and no part of our Services are directed to children under the age of 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16). If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at support@Mochimo.com. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16), we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and Processing globally. By providing your Personal Information, you consent to any transfer and Processing in accordance with this Policy.